With September creeping up on us and fall (by far my favorite season!) right around the corner I created a Top 7 Essentials list for my closet. The best thing about fall is, year after year you can bring out your key classics and update them with current trends. This list is just that:
1. The Riding Boot: Tall, rustic and sexy. I'm talking about the boots! Although black is a popular choice, I think browns offer great versatility as that you can wear them with camel, tan, black, chocolate, etc. And it reminds me of the leaves changing.
2. Moto Jacket: Yes, its leather weather! Is there anything easier to wear than a pair of dark skinny's, a white tee, and a leather jacket? From H&M to Helmut Lang every price point offers an option of this must have. Might I add I am a sucker for a vintage one with fringe!
3. Mustard Yellow: Love or hate this color, nothing says Autumn like this shade, well, maybe except pumpkin. Pair a mustard yellow blazer or cardigan with navy, eggplant, olive, or brown for a must have color combo!
4. Wrap Watch: This Nixon has a vintage feel on the face of it, but the wrap around wrist makes it modern and fun. If I can just take off my Michael Kors watch long enough to try a new one one..
5. Cozy Knits: Yes, I know this one is a given. But why not step away from the usual J Crew v-neck or boyfriend sweater and switch it up with an Aztec inspired poncho? Layer it over dresses with a belt or your new leather leggings you just went out and bought.
6. Leather Leggings: This once red headed step-child of a trend has since revamped itself from Sex Kitten Hair Band Groupie to Chic, Classy Fashionista. Try out a pair and see how comfortable they actually can be and like the leather jacket, these can be found at many price points. H&M currently has a zippered maroon pair.
7. Missoni Scarf: I do not leave this open for interpretation. When I say Missoni, I am not referring to chevron. Expensive yes, beautiful, even more yes. Look, I started saving last Fall ;)